You know...it cracked me up today...when it came up in a conversation about travelling from North Jackson to downtown, or North Jackson to South Jackson, as if it's soooooooo far. I think that's hillarious...and it's so simply a head thing. It's the traffic lights I'm guessing, the stopping and going. But let's look at it for one second from a different perspective.
What about driving around in Atlanta? Or Nashville? Or Memphis? Can you get from one part of town to another as quickly or as so MUCH more hassle free as you can here in Jackson? It pretty much takes me about 30 minutes to drive from one side of town to the other here. THIRTY!
I'm beginning to think that it's just something to talk about...like the weather.
"I had to go to South Jackson," or "I went up to North Jackson" as if it were a BIG deal. It's just something people say and sometimes it's meant dramatically and sometimes it's not.
But really...30 minutes, no big deal. ...and remember, downtown is smack in the middle. A simple 15 minute drive from either side of town, in four directions.
We've got it so easy here in Jackson!!! We just have to remember it.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment