I made an observation today...seems like artists nearly always get the shaft?
When it comes to fundraisers...ooh, ooh, let's call the artists and see if they'll donate their artwork or their time or their whatever...hence enhancing the event, creating more of a "feel good" environment. Yet when it comes to cash flow...artists are rarely thought of....
What's up with that? I think it's pretty clear that artists enhance our lives. (don't get me wrong there are some who's soul purpose is to make political or religious statements...little life enhancement built into that)
It's VERY clear to me that art in schools certainly enhance lives! After all, in what other subject can you truly express yourself? Enhances imagination, creativity, working-togetherness, tolerance, and many other such benefits. ...and yet...artists and their artwork...are SOooooo under-appreciated!
WHY??!!!! I'm gonna have to think on this some more...
Might be a t-shirt slogan come out of this one.
Friday, May 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment