ok, so if you've ever painted a painting without a title in mind...when you finish...guess what task is at hand? uh huh. The naming of the piece. After years of being around artists, I've figured out that some artists LOVE this task (and to them it's not a task at all) and some artists LOATH the task. In fact, it is not uncommon for an artist to tell me when I ask them, "so what's the title of this piece?" they say in response, "Rachel, you title it." Which of course becomes great fun for me, other than I have no idea if the title I come up with is anywhere NEAR where the artist was coming from when they painted it...but so be it.
anyway...3 years ago I learned of an online tv show called "Title This" and for some odd reason I ran across their site today where you can watch archived episodes.
Here's the scoop: per www.markkostabi.com
"Mark Kostabi's cult status TV show, TITLE THIS, a game show where art critics and celebrities compete to title Kostabi paintings for cash awards is now viewable anytime, online, at www.titlethis.com. For free, the site offers the latest episode plus a growing archive of past episodes. Participants have included: Molly Barnes, Luca Beatrice, Mark Bego, Andrea Bellini, Carly Berwick, Howard Bloom, Victor Bockris, Phyllis Braff, Lala Brooks, Stephanie Cash, Daniel Clowes, Ornette Coleman, Michelle Cone, Laura Cottingham, Ben Curtis, Adrian Dannatt, Liberty De Vitto, Sarah Douglas, Lavinia Filippi, Bonnie Fuller, Joe Fyfe, David Gibson, Micaela Giovannotti, Deven Golden, Michel Gondry, Bob Guccione Jr., Gary Indiana, Alan Jones, Randy Jones, Jason Edward Kaufman, Carol Kino, Glen Matlock, Jerry Marotta, Carlo McCormick, Taylor Mead, Sylvia Miles, Robert C. Morgan, Glenn O'Brien, Dennis Oppenheim, May Pang, Cay Sophie Rabinowitz, Tommy Ramone, Christian Rattemeyer, Joao Ribas, Alessandro Riva, Walter Robinson, Willoughby Sharp, Amei Wallach, Lilly Wei and John Zinsser. Title This continues to be viewable also on every Wednesday night at 8:30 in Manhattan on Time Warner Cable on Channel 56, or on RCN on Channel 108, and on MNN's website every Wednesday night at 8:30 (New York time) at www.mnn.org, Ch56.
Can I just say...I love, LOVE the idea of this show! not to mention this game show is close to my heart as it's such fun to name paintings.
So to recap visit http://titlethis.com/ where you can watch "Title This" a game show where art critics and celebrities compete to title Mark Kostabi's paintings for cash awards.
How FUN is that???!!! I LOVE the internet...
enjoy,
Rachel
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment