Thursday, May 29, 2008

so goes the plan

""Man plans, God laughs!" I often find plans are the key to success, and failure. Think about this: your plan is getting in the way of your success and happiness! Too often people’s plans block inspiration, flexibility, receptivity, lateral thinking, eureka and other great things. Take time today to give up your plan for something even more divine, beautiful and wise."
Robert Holden

ok...I read this today...and I smiled. It certainly hit home with me. I've planned the best I can for the changes going on here at the Dickson Gallery (referencing the construction and repair work here on our building)...and so much for plans.
The rain has halted repairs delaying our reopening (or so it appears today). I'm not sure when our actual reopen date will be now. But I will certainly keep everyone informed as things progress as I'll know more in the next few days.
As a reminder, the Dickson Gallery will not be open for Fabulous Friday May 30th. However, there is a "meet the artists" opening at the Ned (across from the Greyhound Bus Station) tomorrow night from 6p-8p featuring the artwork of 2 of our artists and 1 who previously was a big part of the Dickson Gallery. Janice Sumler, Jette Garner and Dana Brooks.
So come on downtown anyway, and show your support for our local artists!
In the mean time, we're holding our heads high, navigating our way through the construction and will reopen AS SOON as possible.
Until then stop by and shop our online store: http://dicksongallery.ecrater.com
(it's not quite as much fun as shopping and visiting us here in person...but it's certainly a great substitute until we reopen)
Happiness and onward with the arts!
Rachel Dickson

No comments: