Thursday, April 03, 2008

rain rain rain makes the grass grow and all things greener...

One thing that's GREAT about rain...is one sure can get much accomplished indoors!
...and good things continue to happen in downtown Jackson. For those of you who don't know, Euphoria Salon is now open (as of TODAY!!) in what was the le Diva's building across the street from the Gallery here on Lafayette Street. I stopped in and visited with them to check it out and welcome them all to the neighborhood. Now I'm not much of a pedicure, manicure sorta gal...but I can see that to have such treatment...ESPECIALLY in their new place. Oh my goodness!! Nothing but wonderful. And funny thing...Kat Semrau, owner of Art Under a Hot Tin Roof was the first to have a pedicure in their new space. I took a quick tour of the building to see what they've done to the place...and also to get a sneak peak of their services...doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out...top notch! You MUST visit them...SOON! (I probably should mention they also do hair...which I have very little of right now...so I won't be needed a cut or style for a while...but they certainly would make me look like a rock star based upon what I saw there today).
...and of course, our next big deal here at the Dickson Gallery is our 3rd Annual Venus Soiree (fancy term for fine art jewelry show). Featuring art jewelry by Jacque Hillman, Jai Johnson, Libby Lynch, Patricia Twilla and Holly Couch. And just in time for Mother's Day no less...
The big preview party for the Venus Soiree will be held April 25th from 7p-9p.
check it out on the web for all the artsy details at www.dicksongallery.com
until then...onward with the arts and downtown!
Rachel

No comments: