Friday, December 14, 2007

I was moved this morning...by "Did you Know" ...

This morning I attended the Jackson-Madison County Chamber of Commerce Quarterly Business Breakfast. I was a bit skeptical because the speaker was Dr. David Sevier from the TN Board of Education. I'll be honest, I asked myself, "What could possibly be the relevance of this speaker and the art gallery?" I checked the pulse of my gut, and the urge was definitely there to attend, so I went. ...and in full gut-check-style, I know now why I was there. To see the video titled "Did you know?" Which unbeknown to me this video has been all over Youtube, Google video and educators and those in related fields had scene this video sometime prior.
Probably the biggest message found in this video (at least to me...obviously this video is chocked FULL of messages...depending upon how you interpret it) is the following quote by Albert Einstein, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
OH MY GOODNESS!!! Brilliant!!! BRILLIANT!!! ...and constantly working to solve problems, this speaks volumes to me about thinking outside the box.
Of course, this video is primarily geared towards waking us up regarding technology and education in America...and the facts regarding pitfalls in the system and so forth...a plethora of other lessons can be learned herein.
So take just a second and watch this video...I promise it will inspire you as it did me.

No comments: