Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dickson Gallery artists who crack me up...

There are a couple of gallery artists who really crack me up due to their sense of humor. Most of them dry humor, some of them come up with stuff that makes you nearly fall out on the floor. One of these artists stopped by the gallery today, Tina Todd. She's recently quit smoking, and her life has pretty much been tied up in the good, bad and ugly in staying on the "quitter" side of the fence and staying off of the "oh my god, I need a cigarette now" side of the fence.
She is the photographer who took the shot on your left of the New Southern Hotel, here in downtown Jackson. This sepia version was created specifically for the new headquarter branch of the Bank of Jackson on Oil Well Rd on the North side of town. (The New Southern Hotel is steeped in history...and of course is located downtown on Baltimore Street. It's now home to the downtown Starbucks, Subway, Marquerites, the Property Tax Assessor's Office and housing for quite a few also on its upper levels). So anyway, Tina specifically dogged me for not attending the annual Celtic fest held on the grounds of Casey Jones Village this past weekend. For which now I'm kicking myself for not attending, due to the fact that she named some of the bands that played and described the event in its entirety. (I LOVE celtic music...and don't really have a good reason for not attending.) Which leads to my final point...we were looking at her gallery page on the internet where she's posted photos from the Celtic Fest...and then, she brought attention to her "my weight loss adventure- photog phitness" gallery. That title alone cracked me up...but the photos and comments found therein were enough to make any sane person roar. So I challenge you...go check this out...I promise you'll smile...cheer Tina on...and possibly join her in her efforts. http://www.pbase.com/ttodd/my_weight_loss_adventure
See...artists do have real lives. Many of which would make you roar with laughter to hear just how down to earth they really are...
I could type for days here about all the other happenings at the Dickson Gallery...but thought I'd give it in spurts...so until next time.... Rachel

No comments: