The hanging of artwork over at "Carolina Avenue Salon" began today. (Special thanks to Janice Sumler who came to the gallery and ran the shop while I was transporting and hanging artwork this morning). so...it's begun. The newest addition to the Dickson Gallery family....Carolina Avenue. They're a new, cool, hip salon in town owned by Carolina Taylor. (She too is cool and hip...which I think is why the salon is such a cool place too). Anyway, as I was hanging various artists work over there this morning...what fun it was to hear and see the stylists and various clients who were present comment and enjoy their new artwork display!In fact, one of my artists...Nancy Burleson, walked in and has been a long time client of Carolina Avenue. What fun for her to see her own work on diplay in this salon now!
I'm amazed at how the energy of a place changes upon the hanging of original artwork. And of course, I'm excited to attend next Thursday's (September 14th) grand opening wine/fine art reception being held there from 6:30p-9:00p. Hope you'll come! want the details? see www.dicksongallery.com/events.htm

No comments:
Post a Comment